Tata Engage in Africa
Our social responsibility in the geographies in which we have footprints is a reflection of our deep-rooted engagement with communities. A snapshot of other initiatives we have undertaken is given below:
- Two Perkins Braille machines donated to the Uganda National Association of the Blind Uganda School under the Kilimanjaro Blind Trust.
- Assorted food items and 10 mattresses donated to Orphans and Widows of Aids Uganda Primary School in Makindye, Kampala.
- Chilbolya School Library in Lusaka, Zambia restocked with new books in April 2016.
- Tata Ndola team in Zambia donated mattresses, mosquito nets, toiletries, blankets and other basics to Cicetekelo Youth Project, in Ndola.
- Chinyaradzo Children’s homes in Harare, Zimbabwe provided with food and clothes.
- Tata Africa Services (Nigeria) donated four computer systems and printer to Festac Girls Junior Secondary School. The company’s IT personnel also volunteered as trainers for students.
- Borehole project initiated in Harare, Zimbabwe to assist nearby community with water challenges.